Activities Report 2009
1. Interprofessions Project
The Interprofessions Projectis one of the articulating axes of the activity of the Atlántida Association, professionals for the Interculturalidad, so that his immediate aim was the one to reinforce the human and social capital of the professionals newcomers to our country by means of immigration, qualified professionals and / or with unfinished training, helping through a reception process, which includes various actions related to their training and preparation, to assess their knowledge and knowledge in interaction with Catalan society. Initially, preference was given to newcomers from Morocco, to be one of the groups with the largest volume of immigration in Catalonia. From 2008 the project has been expanded in the countries of Latin America and / or other interested countries.
- Information and advice on the process of approval and validation in Spain of foreign degrees.
- Individualized support in the approval process.
- Insertion in the formal and non-formal training network : Universities and Training Centers.
- Group sessions on topics related to my training and work Information, advice and coordination with the association network related to immigration and my work in Barcelona and the province.
- Guidance for the improvement of training related to the language and culture of Catalonia.
3. Equip professional
The professional in charge of carrying out the Project has a degree in psychology and law. Its work is carried out in coordination with the members of the Board of Directors of the Association and other associates who collaborate voluntarily.
4. Activities performed
We must emphasize that during the process:
- We inform and guide you on the start or continuation of any type of studies , whether university or not.
- We provide elements that help improve professional itineraries.
- We act as a bridge between the people concerned and the corresponding university and training institutions, also when the person concerned is still in their country of origin.
- We encourage group meetings to help overcome certain discouraging situations that may occur for what I suppose is the length of the process.
- We organize , when deemed necessary, joint sessions to inform about the characteristics of Catalonia , especially referred to in the language and culture.
- We hold informative talks in different sectors of my association and / or host of immigration , in order to publicize the project and establish channels of arrival of the demands.
Characteristics of the intervention .
It is necessary to state that even having an established general line of work, each personal circumstance is different, by the social situations, by the characteristics of the formation realized in origin, by the situations related to the homologation of different formations and also by the aspirations. of each person at the beginning of the integration process in another country. Needless to say, in a first phase, the work plan is fully customized. The reception involves, extensive information on the service, assessment of demand, review of available documents, administrative guidance, support if necessary to make arrangements at the University, and when you want to continue studies to validate, guidance to the corresponding Universities.
Profile of the person served
Depending on the level and branch of study chosen, the trend observed from the set of visits received is that most Dream Homologation applications are for professionals who have studied or are in the process of studying related with:
- In 36.39% of Legal and Social Sciences
- 3.06% Arts and Humanities
- 12.54% Engineering and Architecture
- 1.83% Exact Sciences
- 14.68% Health Sciences
- 12.54% Engineering and Architecture
- 14.07% Vocational Training Technicians
- 17.43% Baccalaureate
- Total people served 327.
- Between 18 and 45 years, 91.13%. Over 45, 8.56% and under 18, 0.31%.
- In relation to gender 55.96% dream women and 44.04% men.
Origin of the group of people served:
- Morocco 14.33%
- Argentina 2,14%
- Bolivia 12.24%
- Brazil 2.45%
- Colombia 26.00%
- Ecuador 6.12%
- Mexico 3.70%
- Peru 10.70%
- Uruguay 2.20%
- Venezuela 3.00
- Chile 2.14%
- Others 20.18
Who derives the demand .
The services of Barcelona City Council by 11.31%, and the Associations with which we have a collaboration agreement , such as the Sociocultural Association Ibn Batuta, 10.70 FEDELATINA, 11.00%, Consulate of Colombia 12.53 %, Former Users 33.33% and other 21.13 ..
Difficulties registered with regard to Approvals .
- The time it takes the process and the lack of information accessible to the interested party. .Despite the information on the website of the Ministry of Science and Innovation, this is not clear and people need long explanations about the procedure .. This information does not agree with the information given by employees of the High Inspectorate in relation to the documentation that must be provided regarding the academic transcript.
- And especially the large number of tests that the interested party must pass to meet the additional requirements and finally obtain approval, a much more difficult situation when the person who wants to approve already has an experience of 20 years or more. professional practice in your country.
We believe that a more agile formula should be found for these situations , which, together with the corresponding academic certifications, should take into account the validation of the professional practice carried out. . Finally the high costs of the process between the fees and expenses of the translator when needed and the payment of the tests to be performed.
In short, the objectives of Atlantis in the realization of this Program, do not dream other than to foster relations of coexistence , by empowering the other, helping to overcome possible exclusions or segregation of labor and promoting equality of opportunities among all members of the community.